TRAVEL ADVICE FOR COLOMBIA
Holiday preparation is vital to problem free vacation to Colombia. By doing your groundwork prior to going for Colombia, you august minimise the odds of some thing going wrong. Thousands of travellers very often regret for not doing these easy pre travel steps right before heading for Colombia.
Look for the most updated medical services accessible and travel health information for Colombia from the table underneath. You may, also, obtain a vast selection of tips to help you get ready for a safe and delightful trip to Colombia and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Colombia
Travel insurance tips for Colombia
Travel advice for Colombia
Travel Health Advice For Colombia
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Colombia
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Colombia and travel vaccination immunisation for colombia are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Colombia.
The travel health information for Colombia provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Colombia for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Colombia Travel Insurance
- Be sure that you know exactly what your travel insurance insures because they are not limitless. It might not protect you for cancellation or alteration to travel plans.
- Clear up any insurance policy issues straight with the insurer.
- Be sure that medical cover is suitable for probable expenses in Colombia. Be sure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Typically, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items which includes cameras, laptops and/or jewelry could have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Basic exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies like acts of civil unrest, self triggered personal injury, loss/theft of unwatched luggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance plans may be invalidated where injuries are experienced under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Colombia
- Have a look at the most up-to-date travel advice for Colombia from any of the following sites: UK travel advice for Colombia, US State Department travel warnings for Colombia or Canadian government travel advice for Colombia.
- Purchase an appropriate travel insurance for Colombia to pay hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any sort of pursuits, for instance adventure sports, in which you wish to Colombia.
- In advance of travelling to Colombia register your travel and contact particulars on the net or at your local embassy or consulate as soon as you arrive in Colombia, so they are able get hold of you in an emergency.
- Observe the Colombian law. Consular assistance is not able to override local Colombian laws and regulations, even where local laws seem to be extreme or unfounded by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for Colombia or countries you are visiting or transiting. Keep in mind a Colombian visa doesn't guarantee entry into Colombia.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Keep one copy in a different spot to the originals and then leave a copy with somebody at home.
- Consult with health care professionals for details about recommended vaccinations or some other safeguards for Colombia and learn about Colombia laws and regulations on travelling with medications.
- Leave behind a copy of your holiday plans with somebody at home and stay in regular communication with relatives and friends while in Colombia.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Colombia.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Colombia
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Colombia will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Colombian embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Colombian Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012